Thursday, November 3, 2011

Preparation
It really took me a long time to make my first interview. I went to the Saint Paul and I decided to interview my friend from Somalia. His name is Ahmed Botan. He likes to call him Aj Botan. He is student at Hamlin University. I know a little bit about Somalia. However, I did some research about Somalia. Moreover, there are a lot of questions came to my mind but it will take a long time and he might feel boring. And I have chosen a Hoka store to make the interview when we are smoking Hoka. And I have asked him if I could record the conversation and he did not mind. Then I started it.

Personal Review
When I was in Saudi Arabia I did not communicate with international people. I just got what I need to know by watching the news and trying to see what happened to the world. Moreover,  I have been traveling a lot on the world but I only communicate with people who are from my country or who speak my language because the language was hard step for me to communicate with other people from the world. However, when I came to United State I started  learning English and having a lot of friends from different countries. I like to talk with them about many things especially their culture and religion and Policy.  So, I was happy to make an interview with a person who is from Somalia because I always heard about Somalia and there are a lot of poor people there who need help. I got a lot of information about Somalia country.
At the beginning of the interview, I was a little shy to ask him some hard questions about his country and it was the first time to ask him these questions. But when the interview started it became easy to me to ask him. What I learned from the interview, there are a lot of different cultures in this world and a lot of people who need help from other countries or from other people. It was great to know about other country and he was nice and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment