Thursday, November 17, 2011

Interview

 # 2


E: What is your name?
F: Farog
E: And as I know you are from Somali right?
F: Yes.  I hail from Mogadishu in Southern Somalia. It is also the nation’s capital
E: Please describe the education system of your country.
F: We have a strong educational structure. It begins with two years of Early Childhood Development (ECD), followed by four years of lower primary and four years of upper primary education . After this , we have to undergo four years of secondary education. University education is for an average of four years. And owing to severe political crisis, the modern education scenario is undergoing a lot of turbulence.

E: How has your culture influenced your people/family values?
F: I belong to a culture that has been greatly influences by our neighboring provinces including Ethiopia, Yemen. We are predominantly Muslims and my family takes pride in following the norms of our religion meticulously. Most of us in our society follow the same religion and hence, we are very closely knitted and have a sense of oneness.

E: What is the form of government in your country?

F: Our government is week and its poor not like your country. Sometimes I think there is no government in Somalia. The government cannot control the people because it does not have the power.
Eid: I heard that there are a lot of tribes are fighting each other.
Yes. We have some tribes they fight each other and nobody can stop them.

E: Tell me one thing that makes you proud of your country?
F: Nothing.
Eid; What you mean by nothing ?
F: I was trying to find one thing makes me proud of my country and I can not
I’m proud of my country because of the religion. And Thanks god
E: What places /sites would you recommend to tourists?
F: Not now. When the war is ended I will suggest you to go to my city.

E:  What festivals do you celebrate in your country?
F:   we celebrate as Muslims do. We have two holidays which is Eid Alfiter and Eid Aladha.
E:  What's the weather like in your hometown?
F: It’s so hot there. And I like the hot weather. I prefer it more than Minnesota weather.
E: . What is a type of sport in your country?
F: we prefer soccer and basketball, swimming and hunting.

E: What's a traditional food in your country?
F: Rich with Goat, Beef, Lamb. And lamb soup or chicken soup

E:  What do most women do after they get married in your country? (House wife, working?)
F: As we believe in my country the women jobs is staying at home and take care of the house and children. So, the women do not have to work. But she can also but some men do not like their wife having a job because they want them to take care of their child.

E: What is your ideal job or what you want to do for the future career?
F: I’m graduated from University of Minnesota.  And I have job right now. And I wish the war will end than I can go to my country.
E:  Which country you'd like to go if you want to travel? Why?
F: Of course Saudi Arabia because the Makah. I would like to make Omrrah and I wish I can live there for hole my life. Makah is the center of Islam.
E: What do your parents believe? Do you follow the same religion as your parents?
F: We all believe in Islam.
E: How long have you been in Untied State?
F: I have been here more than 13 years. I used to live in Chicago than I went to Minnesota
E: Can you tell me some of your hobbies?
F: I like to watch a TV, and hang out with my friends
 E:  What will you do after you go back to your home country?
F: I do not know.
E: Before we finish this interview do you have any word or advice for international students?
F: Eid, Do you come here to study?
Eid: yes
F: So, you should study and you can make a lot of money in your country. The International students should respect the American culture and work hard to get what they want.
E:  Do you think the other country should support the government to stop the war in your country?
F: Yes. They should support the government and the people. As you know, there are a lot of people in Somalia who did not eat for 1 week or 2 weeks. Especially the Muslims people should support them.


No comments:

Post a Comment